Progressive Rehabilitative Therapy Services
Whether you require a week or two of strengthening after an elective surgery or more intensive therapy, our team-driven goal is to make your recovery as timely and intensive as possible while restoring you to your highest level of functional communal and personal independence.
Our dynamic team of licensed full time rehabilitation staff provides services including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. These vital services function in working toward returning our residents to their prior levels of function, whether it be due to hospitalization or a decline in health.
- Physical therapy works with our residents on improving skills of walking, transfers, balance, strength, as well as the use of adaptive equipment, prosthetics or orthotics.
- Occupational therapy emphasizes return of function with activities of daily living or ADL’s – such as dressing, hygiene, bathing, and use of adaptive equipment if needed.
- Speech therapy assists residents with speech impairments, swallowing difficulties, and cognitive skills when indicated.
- In addition we also have a Restorative nursing program (Nursing assistants trained by licensed physical/occupational therapists to maintain optimum level of functioning)
Achieving their highest, safest levels of independence, our residents experience many benefits, including improving quality of life, self esteem, self worth, and being a valuable part of their community.
We honor our seniors when they have completed therapies with a graduation ceremony. The program entails a cap and gown photo opportunity, diploma, and refreshments.
Our therapy team takes pride in our homeward bound program, where therapy personally visits homes to assess needs and/or obstacles (ie. Stairs/ramps) to assure residents are strong enough and safe enough to return back to their homes. Our rehab department is honored to be of service to our elders to promote greater health, independence, vitality and happiness in their lives.
YOUR goal is OUR goal.
Rehabilitative Therapy Services include:
Physical Therapy services:
- Gait and transfer training
- Prosthesis fitting, maintenance and training
- Strengthening exercises
- Instruction in use of walkers, canes, and other aids for clients with difficulty walking
Occupational Therapy services:
- Activities of daily living
- Upper extremity treatment
- Hand therapy
- Tendon injury management
Speech Therapy services:
- Swallowing difficulties
- Voice disorders
- Receptive and expressive language modalities
- Non verbal communication
- Development of plan to increase memory activities
We also offer the following rehabilitative amenities:
- Indoor/Outdoor Therapy Curriculum
- Discharge Planning Coordination
- Family Homecare Training
From your very first tentative steps to finalizing the need for medical equipment in your home, rest assured that your rehabilitative needs are in our capable hands from start to finish.